Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Family photo shoot...

So we finally got to use the 350D properly and I am so happy with many of the photos we took. I still can't get over how crystal clear they are! We decided to drag our crappy old downstairs lounge outside for the photos. The lighting isn't the best in some of them, but I guess I'm still learning. Didn't get any 'Christmassy' ones, but some much-needed and very nice family ones. I got my hair cut last week too, so I look much nicer in these pics than I would have with the feral hair I had before!

Here are some of my favourites:



The family shot I just love...
(oh, except maybe the crappy lighting)













Greg and I...









Oh, we're in love!!










My boys...









Jaidyn and I - I love this one!













I can't wait to start scrapping some of them. Have got a few enlarged and a few printed normal size. Think I'll have to make some even bigger coz they weren't as big as I thought. Then I can try some Erica-style, enlarged photo layouts! Yum, I can scrap again. Am using some today to make MIL a canvas, which I really needed to send like last week! Yikes. I think she'll have to have a late Chrissy pressie.

Jaidyn is off at Mum's for a couple of nights. A much-needed break for both of us I think. Greg has today off so we are doing the rest of the Christmas shopping - yes late I know, grrrrr.... will try to get to the shops as soon as they open I think, more chance of a parking spot, maybe.

Hope you're all having a great and not too hectic lead-up to Christmas. I can't believe its this weekend!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Ohhh I love the photos Natti!! They are just totally gorgeous!

See, you're a natural with that thing! :D

Try playing around with the white balance options on the camera... You might notice a difference with the lighting so its not quite so blue/green. Or just edit them in photoshop - go to Image/Adjustment/Auto Levels - thats the easiest way to do it. Hope that helps!

We'll have to catch up in the new year and have a play around together! It would be sooo cool to spend a morning at Southbank or something just playing around and getting shots... havent done that with anyone since my Tafe days! Back then I never left the house with out my camera. Ahh... I miss that.

Anyhoo -hope you have a great Xmas if I dont speak to you before then!!

Nat said...

Sounds like a great idea Deb! We'll have to schedule it ok! I don't know how to change anything much manual on the camera yet. It all goes way over my head so it scares me to play around with it... and not much of a whizz on the photoshop either I'm afraid - two things I definitely need to learn next year (good N Y resolutions maybe?)

Shari said...

Absolutely gorgeous pics Nat!!!!! That rebel was certainly worth the wait LOL!! Merry Christmas to you, Greg and Jai!
Shari xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Great to see your having fun with your new camera. Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and best wishes for a Happy New Year as well.

Roz said...

ooh Nattie! THese are yummy scrummy pics and I knew you'd looooove your camera!!

Chris Millar said...

Nat, firstly congrats on your new camera!!!! These photos are so gorgeous!! Love the natural back drop!! Have fun playing with it and Merry Christmas!