Happy Birthday my beautiful baby girl :):) Love you forever. xxx
Friday, June 27, 2008
Happy Birthday my beautiful baby girl :):) Love you forever. xxx
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Normally I make my nappies to order, so there's usually a bit of a turn-around time, but if this one takes your fancy, you can have it now! For more details, check out the PATOOTIES blog.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Vegetables - capsicum & tomatoes (both of which I actually use a lot of in my cooking)
Fruit - grapes, sultanas (and other dried fruits), oranges, pineapple, rockmelon & strawberries
Other - mueesli bars, savoury chips/snacks, cordial, fruit juice (other than pear), honey, jams & commercial sauces/gravy.
And there's a lot of spices/herbs I've just realised are on it, so dinners are going to be hard!!
Will still appreciate any recipes or tips from anyone (Lus, Lu?) also on low-salicylate diets.
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday xx
P.S. Jumping on Lusi's bandwagon with the thankfulness
5 things I'm thankful for today:
1. the Internet and the wealth of information I can find on it
2. That in my weakness GOD is my strength - I can do this.
3. A lovely winter day
4. A fantastic, and healthy lunch date with friends :)
5. Coffee. :):)
Friday, June 20, 2008
My SoF buddy Cass has just started a new blog site where she'll be selling lots of scrapbooking goodies (and sometimes non-scrapping stuff too)... lots of packs, embelishments, and for a fantastic price!
So add www.scrappybargains.blogspot.com to your bloglines.
I haven't done a lot of research into it, but from what I have done, well to be honest, it just stresses the hell out of me. At the moment, I'm doing Weight Watchers, and having to cook low-fat foods, and the thought of having to take out pretty much all the things we eat a lot of (a huge overhaul!!), well its almost too much for my poor stressed-out little brain to handle.
BUT, I don't want my husband always in pain,tired etc etc. Something needs to be done.
I think I really need to try the FAILSAFE diet, but by golly, its going to take a lot of prayers for me to be in a place where I feel I can.
I trust that God has led me to this for a reason, but I just don't think I have the strength to do it. My life is so full and so crazy and I'm stressed-out/emotional/over it so many times during the week already, can I really do this too!!???
So I'm asking for your prayers, and for those of you doing the FAILSAFE with your families, please email me and tell me about your situation, how you've managed it, and I would love some recipes and food ideas too... I really don't know where to start!!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Sunday, June 08, 2008
* Eli is wearing a size 2/size 3 clothes. He's really tall!!
* He goes to 'kindy' one day a week and now enjoys it thoroughly. He gets very excited to go to 'kinny' on Tuesdays.
* His favourite foods are sultanas (tarnies), yoghurt (wogik), fruit bars (bit bar), baked beans (bake beans) and he loves yummy treats like biscuits (bickies), milo (mino) and chocolates (kokik). Oh, and cordial (cor-yoo, which used to be cor-cor) and water (woka, which used to be just wok).
* He's getting fussy at dinnertime though. It took a few smacks for him to see we are serious about him eating. Now we are having to encourage him every little step of the way by saying 'Yay!' after every mouthful - but it works, mostly.
* He knows his colours VERY well, and can distinguish between them all. He knows blue (boo), green (geen), red (wed), yellow (arllow), black (back), white (white), pink (pik), purple (purpoo), orange (oyij), and brown (blem).
* He can nearly count to ten even! 'one, two, pee, bor, bise, kix, seden, ate, nine, den.' He can count to 4, then needs a little help for 5. He knows that 6 comes after 5, isn't too sure about 7, but knows that 8 comes after 7. And needs a bit of help to get to 10. Won't be too long and he'll be rattling it off no problems though. It wasn't even something I was really conscious about teaching him, but rather we just count things (and talk about colours) all the time.
* Oh my, he's going through the 'terrible twos' at the moment something shocking! He stirs up Jaidyn, he stirs up Lani. He jumps on them and wrestles them and hits Lani with random objects all the time. He's disobedient and oh-so strong-willed. He says 'no' to me all the time, and gets a smack at least once a day!
* We are going through a horrible sleeping cycle with him at the moment. He wakes up, without fail at about 4.30am every day. He comes down the hallway into our bed, and sometimes goes back to sleep, but mostly he just wiggles. We usually give in at about 5am and come out and watch a movie or try to play 'quietly'... I tell you what though, I'm almost at the end of my rope with it. He is then cranky and feral most of the morning (well, day!) because he really needed more sleep. He ready for his sleep again sometimes as early as 9.30am! NOT good. As he then won't have one in the afternoon and he's a right little monster all afternoon. If I can, I try to take him and Lani outside, or go out somewhere in the morning so I can delay his sleep, but then he'll often fall asleep in the car. So we're ALL out of whack, and now we have to really try to put a stop to this yucky habit.
* He loves to play outside on the swing, trampoline and on his bikes. He loves following Jaidyn around catching bugs too. And he loves going for a walk sometimes in the afternoons too.
* He's really into the Wiggles right now. We have a few DVDs that he loves and he got some cool Wiggles clothes and toys for his b'day too. He knows all their names too.
* We watch a lot of movies - too many really (bad mummy). He loves watching his Wiggles DVDs, sometimes VegieTales too, but equally loves the movies too - his favourites this week are 'Cars' and 'Happy Feet'. He's over 'The Bee Movie' which was last month's favourite.
* He's developing a real love of books now. He goes to bed at night fairly well now - I usually read a story, and then he'll sit and 'read' for a while too before going to sleep (although sometimes him and Lani like to play silly-buggers from across the room, giggling at each other.). His favourite books this week are 'God made Puppies', 'Pop goes the Wiggles', 'Wiggly Friends', 'On the Farm' (complete with cool googly eyes) and 'Ben the Bee'. Sometimes he'll 'read' saying 'bla bla bla'.
* Him and Lani have started screaming randomly at each other. Fun. Its a big game really. When Lani screams, Eli says 'No keeming!!' (no screaming) but he screams it at her, so then she screams again, and back and forth we go. Who knows what the neighbours think... sigh...
* Blue, his beloved teddy bear, is no longer. We lost him somewhere, and I can't for the life of me work out where. We've looked all over the house, and called the shops we were at last time I remember seeing him... he's ok with it though ('boo gone') and I think the sentimentality of it gets to me more - I would have liked to have kept him :( Not sure I even have any pics of him :(
Well, better go attend to the ferals that are running rampant all over the house... happy Sunday.
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Firstly, I decided to change blog hosts, so I can make it more like a website, with separate pages and albums and such that unfortunately, blogger just doesn't offer. So I'm going with Typepad now - I've only heard good reports about it really. The new blog is still a work in progress, but you can go and check it out if you like. Still have a few information, FAQ pages to add, but it's the general gist! Tell me what you think?? www.patooties.typepad.com
Second thing that is new for the business, is my new design One-Size-Fits-Most pocket nappy. After some trial and error and research, I think this new way is going to work much better... at least I hope so!!
Have been buying lots of yummy new fabrics too - I now have over 40 different fabrics to choose from!! I've been REALLY busy trying to keep up with all the orders I got with my introductory prices... still plodding through them, but still enjoying the process too. Am still amazed at how God has blessed this for me!
And another new thing - I'm going to be working part-time from the end of June!! As if I don't already have enough to do huh.... I'm really looking forward to this though! I'm going to be job-sharing as a group leader in a Christian (!!) childcare centre that the director from the centre I used to work in is building with her church. I'm really looking forward to being able to use christian resources and the Word of God to teach kids!! Awesome!! I'll just need lots of prayer for being able to balance it with the rest of life :) :)
Oh, and I need to also find time in there to plan a Teddy Bear's Picnic themed party for Lani's b'day party on 29 June. I want it to be great too, so will have to put some effort - and probably money - into it. If anyone has any cool ideas for a Teddy Bear's picnic for lots of adults and a whole mix of kids of all ages, please let me know!!
Oh, and I've also been doing Weight Watchers. I've lost 2.8kgs in the last 3 weeks, pretty happy with that!! I have a long way to go though, but am trying to take it all in smaller parts of a bigger picture.
Well, sorry to be short and sweet, but time is of the essense.
God bless all xxx