You at 4 weeks:
Thursday, August 30, 2007
You at 4 weeks:
Monday, August 27, 2007
* Miss Lani is 2 months old today! Wow, where did that time go? (I know I say that every month Eli gets older too) She had her 2-month check-up and injections (ohh :() last week. She is now 4.4kgs, her head is 37.5cm and she is 59cm long!! That's up from birth of 3.37kg, head of 35.5cm, length of 51cm.... she's grown 8cm in 8 weeks!!! Holy Moly!! What I find funny is that she's in the 25th percentile for her weight and head.. but the 95th percentile for her height!! Yep, she's going to be tall like her Mummy... she also has long arms and legs like me, and like me with wearing jackets and jumpers, her arms are way too long for most of her clothes, particularly her rompers. She is starting to fit into her 000s now (well she needs 00s in Bonds wondersuits tho!) so that's nice as she's have more clothes now! Yay!
I will do up my '2 month letter' to Lani over the next couple of days documenting all the other stuff, but she's doing well!!
* We bought a new dining suite last week, which is getting delivered today... Yay!! Can't wait!! We got a 6'x3.6' rectangle with 6 chairs, but they can fit along each side, so we'll easily be able to fit up to 10 people at it if we need.... would have maybe liked a square or larger one but with renting we need to think about it being able to fit wherever we go... its a really solid pine one though of a mid-stain (so not good with wood colours!) so it will be so good!! Can't wait to have a bit of extra cash to buy some nice adornments for it too :)
* Only a bit over 4 weeks until my Lusi comes up!! Oh I am sooooo excited!! Can't WAIT to have 5 days with you girl, its going to be the best time!!
* It was our 3-year wedding anniversary on Tues 14/8. Wow, 3 years! Gorgeous man had a bunch of flowers delivered to the house, nice!! I made him a special card... and on Sunday morning last weekend we went out for a gorgeous buffet breakfast up at Mt Cootha.. Its something we did 2 years ago too, and as its just so beautiful up there, plus Mt Cootha is where he proposed to me (at night though), and we prefer going out for breakfast to dinner or lunch, we've decided we'll make it our 'thing' each year..... I love it up there for breakfast! And yeah, I ate faaarrrrr too much, lol....
* We went to 2 engagement parties last weekend (18/8). The first was a lunch thing and it was in a park.... the couple hired a clown and jumping castle for the kids, and it was just the most relaxed and beautiful way to have an engagement party. Despite not knowing many ppl and having to chase after the kids on my own (as Greg was working) it was probably the best engagement party I've been to - and of course being in the daytime photos were better!!
* I met the gorgeous Carol from SOF on Saturday. Her and her boys (DH Lalo and DS Jesse) had a few hours stop-over in Brisbane on their way to Canberra, so we met with Sal and Chrissy too at DFO for a coffee and a chat... was a nightmare with my kids (Eli screaming co he was retrained and really wanted to run all over the shopping centre, and Jaidyn coz he was "bored") but still... it was nice to meet you Carol! I look forward to seeing the pics that your patient hubby took for us... and hope the rest of your holiday is great!!
* Ei is a rat-bag as normal.... will endeavour to document a letter to him this week too coz there's lots of little things I want to get down on paper (or screen!)....
* Have done one of 2 CJs that I'm involved in on SOF... I know I'll probably want to shoot myself later down the track for committing to 2, but oh well!! I didn't want to miss out, hehe... this first one is with 12 ladies, and my topic is 'Defining Moments', basically about the defining moments we've had in our walk so far with the Lord. I did my pages on 4 'moments' - my salvation, when I was baptised in the Holy Spirit, when we changed churches to where we are not, and recently some answered prayer when I had Lani.
Here's the cover:
The sign-in pages - tags for everyone to personalise:
My layout - here with my hidden journalling tags out:
The left page:
And the right page:
*Got two deadlines to meet this week scrapping wise too - my SOF DT layout has to be in in a couple of days... and the second CJ to be sent next week. The LO is on the Proverbs 31 woman - and oh what a set of standards to live up to as a Christian woman, mother and wife!! I'm having troubles finding a photo to use for this one... maybe one from my wedding? Not sure... My second CJ topic is 'Simple Pleasures', a bit lighter than my first one, just about the things that make you happy and that you enjoy in your life.... so got lots of scrapping to do this week!
* Well, I also have lots of washing to do today as it was raining her all week and I'm just sooo behind, so I better go do that while the babies are still asleep!!
Have a great week, I endeavour to update a few times this week!!
Monday, August 13, 2007
Just check out this cuteness:
And these two just coz she's so delicious:
Hope you all have a great week!!
Saturday, August 11, 2007
This week has seen a considerable move in the right direction for Lani's sleeping... she is now sleeping through most of the night (at 6 weeks), yay!! I give her her last feed usually about 10pm, then she usually goes almost straight down and sleep through until 4 or 5am.. this has happened for the last 3 nights now - woohoo!
We had a horrendous time with Eli at bed-time last night... he just started screaming and screaming and screaming... I assumed it was his teeth coming in again, but he wa sjust so distressed, screaming and kicking at us and didn't want cuddles or anything.. I was preparing for a long night.... after a little while (probbaly an hour) I decided to change his nappy to see if it was burning or something.... no probs there... then I checked his clothes and when I pulled off his booty - there the problem lay!! He must have had a hair or a thread or something caught around his little toe, it was all red and sore looking.... but thankfully just pulling it off was the solution, and he calmed down straight away and went to sleep. And praise God he slept well through the night too, it didn't bother him again and he's woken back to normal!
**Edited to add: OH! How could I forget!! Eli also had his first 'real' haircut this week.... bye bye baby... he looks more grown up for sure, but still as gorgeous as ever, and he *really* needed it... I didn't bother taking the camera though (too much effort with the two babies alone!) so will have to take some nice shots of him this week to show...
Had a special visit with a special girl Rozzie yesterday arvo... boy, I can't believe it had been close to a year (Oct last year) since I saw her last.. boy time flies... we had a nice chat together, with coffee/hot milo and muffins (thanks for those Rozzie!)... and she even stayed through the witching hour (baths, cooking etc) and ate dinner with us before heading off to the airport to pick up her friend... was soooo good to see you honey.. let's not leave it so long between visits again hey!
Had a big long chat with my girl Lus during the week too... we are just sooo excited about her coming up for a visit in... let me see... 48 days time!! (Gee that makes it seem ages away still doesn't it!?) We are trying to organise a lovely get-together for the Brissy SOF girls and some of Lusi's other scrappin buds up here, so hopefully that will work for everyone and they will all be about to come... I'm also really excited because Lusi is going to lead worship with me at church on the Sunday... oh this girl is such a WONDERFUL TALENTED musician and singer... and although she'll put my voice to shame, its all good coz we'll be singing together to our God!! Wow, what an experience that will be, can't wait to worship our King with you honey! Also planning on having an SOF crop at my house that weekend too (maybe) so stay tuned SOF girls...
Have really had a lovely social week! Was out shopping on Wed and Thurs... had coffee with Michelle and Karen while out on Wed.. and went shopping with Hayley and her new bubby Caitlyn on Thursday.... both days I seemed to be there forever and not get a great deal done!! And poor Eli, being strapped in his pram for 5 hours for 2 days in a row.... oh well, a girl's gotta shop right!? Will have to head back next week too as I have 2 engagement parties to buy gifts for, and need to exchange some clothes too...
Well, that's all... no pics this week. Hope you're all having a great weekend. We don't have a lot planned this weekend... were thinking of going to the Sons of Korah concert at Brisbane City Church tonight, but then decided against it as we'd have to take Lani and I don't think there will be room for her (or I'd be confined to the parents room all night) PLUS its free so it will be PACKED! They are such a wonderful band to see though (they played at our old church a few years ago)... but I'll have to just listen to my CDs today I guess!
It's our 3rd wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Don't know what we're going to do... it seems to come around so quickly and then we never plan anything or buy eachother anything... shocking huh... oh well.. might try to find some time to make Greg a card today...
Have a good weekend all xx
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
* Sooo excited!! My bestie Lusi is COMING TO VISIT ME!! Yaaaaayyyyy!! I *think* she has booked the flights today - oh I sooo can't wait to finally give you a BIG HUG babe!! Also honey - thinking of you and yours with the nasty flu. Praying that you especially recover soon - can't have you in hospital now.... xx
* There are so many babies around me its not funny!! From myself to a friend Hayley, I knew 6 women having a baby in the space of about 5 weeks (me included) There was: Me with Lani Faith (27 June), Megan with baby Joel Callan (2 July?), Anthea with baby Zachary Tyler (3 or 4 July?), Melinda with her little boy James Martin (21 July), Hayley with Miette Grace (22 July), and my uni mate Hayley who had a little girl, Caitlyn Madison on Saturday (28 July)!!! Babies EVERYWHERE!!! How super exciting!!! I love babies :)
* Had my SOF buddies Sal and Amy around on Saturday to scrap..... well Amy did some scrapping anyway... Sal and I talk too much and between feeding our bubbas and ourselves (yumm!) we got nothing done - I didn't even get anything OUT! But the fun is in the company and chit-chat... have to do it more often.
* Finally got to meet Sue and 2 of her gorgeous little men last week when I went out to Chrissy's for a play :) Great to meet you Sue, great to see you again and your gorgeous house Chrissy and next time we'll have to scrap hey!
* Took some random pics yesterday of my babies and myself, and me with my babies! Here's some:
Poor Eli *really* needs a haircut!! Its on my 'to-do- list for next week!!
And so do I for that matter!!
Even managed to get some of the three of them together, although not good... but not easy to get three kids (two of which are babies!) to look at the camera :)
Oh I just love my kids!!! I think I was going to add some more, but this has taken long enough so I'll have to later....
Have been doing some scrapping, but not actually managed to FINISH anything - I'm the queen of UFOs I think... I endeavour to do some journalling on them soon and get them up!
Lots of love xxx