Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Very slow internet connection...

Our super-slow dial-up connection is pissing me off so much right now!!! I can hardly even check emails and my bank account, let alone load and check everyone's blogs and my fave websites... gggrrrrr..... 7.2kbps - that's as fast as it will go right now. And that's with a 56kb modem and it doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is... oh gosh, we soooo need Broadband.... but unfortunately can't afford that for a while yet.... ggrrrr.... I think I'll just stay off the net for a while.

Not much happening in my life. Been getting a few shifts at childcare now. I did 5 hours on Friday (instead of hanging out with the ladies from church) and I've done lunch relief for 2 hours yesterday and today too. I have full shifts (8 hours) on Thursday and Friday and I don't know if I can do it (think a 6.5 month pregnant woman bending down to clean tiny tables and pick up little kids every 5 mins = very sore back) but we need every cent we can get at the moment so I'll just have to live through the aches and pains I guess! Yuck.....

Well, I'm sick and tired of this computer. Will have to catch up on your blogs all at a later date when hopefully the speed picks up. Now to wait 10-15 mins while this loads, lol....

Nat xx

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hey Nat! Glad to hear that you are getting some work like you wanted... bummer that its making you sore and tired though!!

Hope you manage to get your net connection sorted too... broadband isnt so great either - ours has constantly been dropping out for hours at a time... damned thing!

Anyhoo- hope all is well with you and your family... talk soon! OXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are getting some work Nat. Hopefully you won't have to be bending all the time. Hopefully your internet will pick up. We have broadband and you are quite welcome to drop over here anytime and check out blogs etc. I am home most afternoons.

Diana

Madamx81 said...

6.5 months...my god i can't believe you're that far along already. wow - not long now. How is Jayden going at school??

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat don't over do it will you?
Not that much longer to go now!
Yep Broadband is the way to go, you'll never look back I swear!
ruthy

Roz said...

yay on getting some work Natti!

Hopefully the 8hrs won't be too strenuous for you.

And what a bugger about the dial up connection!! Grr!! I think you should search around for a good broadband deal- there's quite a few around!!