Well I have lots of little things to say so I'll just do it in dot-form I think.
* Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for my Mum. The op went really well, better than expected I think, and she's slowly recovering in hospital. She's quite happy that she got a little tummy tuck out of this too (they pulled her skin/fat over the wound and joined it to the other side - no more hole in her stomach I assume). will appreciate ongoing prayers for recovery, thanks.
* Poor hubby has had a dreadfully long week. His assistand manager (Greg is manager) resigned on Monday, so he's had to try to cover 50 hours in the store. Instead of 50 hours, he's done about 70 this week and he's SO EXHAUSTED!! So he'll be sleeping and lazing around most of today no doubt... still gonna try to get him to church though. And I hope the next coming weeks (still with no assistant manager - AND this close to Christmas) are not as bad for him. The poor dear. He already works so hard.
* We went to the local Christmas Carols last night. Love em! We almost didn't go, as Greg didn't want to (after working 70 hours) and I was not so happy going without my hubby, but he changed his mind and we trundled down there with our candles in cups and Jaidyn wearing a Santa Hat and Eli wearing (sometimes) some reindeer ears).... and had a good time. I just love Christmas carols, so I'm so glad we went. As its organised by the local churches, there's a great emphasis on the birth of Jesus still, so that was so good to see - and a small message from one of the pastors about Christ, what he meant to the world and how easy it is to give our hearts to Him. Greg spent the evening pouring hot wax onto his finger tho, to make a 'finger glove' - someting he said he used to do when he was a kid, but still, he was there.... lol... teaching all the children how to pour hot wax onto your hands - thanks Greg!
* Had a big storm here last week and it whipped up so fast all the windows and doors were still open. Needless to say, the computer got wet, and the keyboard is stuffed. (I'm using the mac right now) I think Greg trundled down to find the old keyboard off my old computer, so hopefully we won't have to buy a new one this close to Xmas when there's not exactly any money!!
* Had a nice day yesterday scrapping with Sarah, one of the SOF girl's daughters (my age almost) who came to the big crop we had in Bris in Sept. It was great to have a good girly chat about lots of stuff, and we even got a bit of scrapping done. I didn't finish mine of course, so that will be a challenge in itself to do this week! I do like this one though so want to get it all done!
* Trying to organise a street christmas party this year. We have friends from church in our street so together we're inviting the street down to the park at the bottom of our street for a quick and easy sausage sizzle and iceblocks (provided). hopefully we'll get a few of the street people come along so we can meet them all - have only met a couple of ppl so far and would like to make it more.
* Just last night realised there's only 3 weeks till Christmas... eek.... and we have a fair few presents that need to be POSTED... so I have to get my butt into gear this week and get these ones away!
* Need to take some more photos of my boys. Haven't taken any of Eli in about a month so need to do that.... and I was thinking, with their Santa Hat and reindeer antlers, a good excuse!!
* Putting the Xmas tree up this arvo - yay! Hoping Greg can put pur icicle lights up on the verandah too... last year we had them on the edge of the roof, but without owning a ladder ,they stayed there till March, so we're thinking somewhere more accessible this year.
* Eli is very nearly crawling! He is 'caterpillaring' along the floor, slowly, but he does get there. He hasn't quite got the idea that he has to move his hands at alternate times, so he gets up on his knees then moves forward onto his belly to move a bit further along the floor. Or sometimes he just slides along the floor. I'm sure he'll get the hang of his hands soon enough.
* He's also started making a really cute 'kissy' noise this week. He kinda sucks on his tongue a bit I think, but I'm trying to associate it with kisses for him. So I say "kiss?" and do a proper kissy noise, or just imitate what he's doing to try to get him to do it again. He does it all the time, but with all the hours Greg's been doing this week, he hasn't seen it yet - hopefully he'll have a few 'kisses' for his daddy today.
* Ooh, got Kim Archer's Christmas Extravaganza this week - yay! Can't wait to see what she has in store for us :) Hopefully I'll get a few little gift ideas out of it.
Think that's quite enough. If you made it to the end, good for you! Happy Sunday :) :)
5 Things that make me happy today:
1. That Mum's operation went well - and that God is working in her body right now!!
2. Its Sunday! Love Sundays :)
3. Christmas Carols :) Love the traditions of Christmas...
4. Greg is finally home to spend some time with us today :) If he doesn't sleep most of it
5. I'm cooking a ROAST tonight - now that hasn't been done in years!! Wish me luck :)