Following Ali's post on 'getting real' I've also decided to set myself some goals and start reaching them too! I watched Oprah the other day and it was about how she lost the weight and has kept it off. Apparently she followed some program that some guy has a book about (Bob someone). She sent 4 of her staff on a 12-week 'boot-camp' to lose some weight and they looked so great afterwards! So I copied down the 6 rules as a part of this program...
1. Exercise vigourously 5-6 times a week (on boot-camp they had to 8 times - yikes that's everyday and then some!)
2. Eat consiously at all times (knowing exactly what you are stuffing into your mouth all the time!)
3. Eat a healthy breakfast (I don't have a problem with this one)
4. Stop eating 2-3 hours before bedtime.
5. No alcohol.
6. 6-8 glasses of water per day.
So, I'm not totally going all gung-ho on this program, but am going to try to apply these principles where I can. I am especially testing out number 4, and am setting myself a 7.30 cut-off time. No eating after 7.30pm. Bob said that you can lose weight just be focussing on this. So I'm going to see if I can make any changes with it.
OK, so my goals for this week.
1. Drink at least 6 glasses of water each day.
2. Eat fruit - at least one piece a day.
3. Only eat at designated snack times. Breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner-snack (if not after 7.30pm)
4. PORTION CONTROL! Watch my dinner plate.
5. Gym. 3-4 times a week. Like Ali, no excuses.
I REALLY want to make a start on this before the retreat. I'd like to have lost at least a kilo before I go, so I am starting to feel a bit more confident again. Not sure what I'm going to plan for the retreat. I'll be interested in hearing from anyone else (Eck!) who's watching their diet what their plan is.... are you going to just enjoy yourself or be good if you can??
I had a great workout this morning and felt really good afterwards. I made it to 15 mins on the bike, where I usually get off at 10 max... I then set 25 mins on the treadmill on the RANDOM program I found which is REALLY good!! I got to 15 mins and was so set to get off, but I just kept telling myself "just one more minute" and I did that all the way to the 25mins! Yay! Feel so good I stuck to it! 5 min cool down on the siting bike made for a good 45min workout. I'm going to go Saturday morning too.
Well, I'm off back to my air-conditioned bedroom where I've been hibernating all day... yucky hot and still not really close to summer! NOT looking forward to summer hey!!!