Saturday, October 29, 2005

Lazy few days...

The most of my time over the last few days has been spent telling friends about the new baby. It's all very exciting and it's exciting to talk about it. Exciting that this time is very different from last. While I enjoyed my pregnancy last time, I was only 17, young, more naive, unstable and was forever wondering what people would think of me. Now its so different. Now I'm married, I have a degree, I'm stable, have a family already, and a bit older. It's wonderful now, and I intend to enjoy every bit of it!

Have been talking to some of the ASC girls about their scans. The doc told me I'm not due for a scan until 18 weeks which I thought a bit strange. Then I hear (and remembered) that I should have one at about 12 weeks for the Down Syndrome scan. The doc has me scheduled in for bloodtests at this time, but not a scan, but I'll be changing that, that's for sure! For one, I'd like to have that scan (not that it would change anything - I would never ever abort my child) and two, I'm not really sure of my dates, so I'd really like to know and Eck says the earlier the better coz babies can be growing at all different stages by 18 weeks. So Monday I'm going to call for an ultrasound. I hate having to make an appointment just to ask for a referral for one, but I guess it has to be done.

Our lease runs out in early December. In the year we've been living in this house, they've now put the rent up $15. Buggers. So we've decided to move. That, and our main bedroom is too small for our king-size bed and to move around in, AND we'll need an extra room or a bigger house with baby coming along! So now its down to finding somewhere. And its a bit tricky. Now we want a 4-bedroom house, and for our budget, the options are rather slim. We did find one the other day that we half-liked, then they put the rent up another $10 so I don't know if we want it so much anymore. Plus we still don't really know what area to move to. REALLY, we want to be over the northside of Brisbane, near our church community and friends. However, Greg doesn't seem confident about getting posted out there as apparently there's a lot more competition for management positions and promotions that side of town. But then again, our God is bigger than that. I guess what we really need to be doing is praying diligently and trusting God will place us in the best place for our family's wellbeing and spirituality. Hopefully He can give Greg a position on the northside..... please pray for and with us for this move if you will. It's all so up in the air. We don't know where or when Greg will get a home store, and we now have about 4 weeks till we have to move. And the houses we'll be after will go fast. Just pray for us if you will please.

Well, I suppose I better go and spend some time with Jaidyn or do some housework or something.... yuck, housework.

Another big congrats to Eck for your pregnancy darling, and now also for Matt's new promotion! Great opportunities for your family. I wish you all the best in your decisions as to what you will do together.

Nat xx

6 comments:

Kt said...

congratulations on your pregnancy Natti :)

Natasha said...

come live near me hehehehe. I wont pray (for obvious reasons) but I will definatly keep my fingers crossed that all the moving a job stuff turns out. Good luck...

Roz said...

Oh Natti, I am praying for you to get the things that you desire- how nice it would be to live on the north side! Even though you would be further away from me lol!! Something will work out for you guys :o)

ROz xo

Tam said...

Hey Nat! I will be praying for you and your family and the new bubs :) Here's one for you - Matthew 21:22. And something I heard again at a women's conference this weekend - DON'T DOUBT GOD - He ALWAYS comes through!

Tam xxx

Madamx81 said...

OMG i'm so happy for you! that's so exciting, i'm so envious! i can't wait for the time to have kids, it's going to be so special! congrats to you and your family, Natti, i wish you all the best ;)

Nat said...

Thanks Tam... can always do with some scriptiral references... thanks for that one in particular... pray diligently is what I will do and believe! Thanks babe :)