Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random

Somehow the little bits and pieces of my life seem so frivilous compared to the amount of loss that others are going through right now. So I'll start with those.

* My heart goes out to Terry Irwin and the kids today. What a tragic loss it was when Steve died yesterday. Will have them in my prayers today. Life is so easily taken away isn't it - here one moment, and could be gone the next... I guess at least I know where I'm going when I die... RIP Crikey!

* My heart and prayers are also with Mel & John Miller and their family today for the funeral of their little princess Rani. Sometimes its hard to see where God's plan could be in the loss of such a tiny life, but we just gotta trust Him. I have seen already the immense strength this family has endured over the last year (although I have only been following for a month maybe), so I'm sure He's doing something there!

* And my good friends Karen and Michelle will also be at a funeral today. Their grandfather passed away last week, so they are in my prayers today also. Love you girls.

Now about me and my life:
* In a nutshell, had a rather social weekend, but also had both afternoons to chill out doing nothing. And for some reason I was incredibly tired all weekend - thin the waking for feeds again is catching up with me. We had our wonderful friends Ben and Michelle over for coffee Friday night. Its been far too long since we caught up with them alone - its always at church or cell. So that was really nice!

* Saturday morning we had our cell social breakfast. We were supposed to go rock climbing at Kangaroo Point cliffs in Bris, but the rain over the previous days caused them to be closed for access for the weekend... so everyone came here coz we have a BBQ! It was a yummy breakfast.

* Sunday we 'wagged' church. Just really wanted to do nothing! We played some card-games with Jaidyn, and I did some scrapping throughout the afternoon.

Then we decided to go out on a whim for dinner for Fathers Day. (mostly because we had no food).. so where did we pick? The ultra-healthy Sizzler of course! LOL. I didn't do *too* bad but still ate more than I should have :) Was good though.

So as you can imagine I was really dreading WW weigh-in yesterday. And after I left my headlights on and the battery went flat, I thought I'd got away . And after that week, I was VERY happy to see that the scales had not moved! Was really expecting a gain of some degree, so I'm really happy I only wasted a week and don't have to work to get any extra weight off. This week I'm planning, maybe even tracking, and exercising! Gotta have a good loss.

* Got a busy weekend coming up. My friend's Hens Party is on Friday night. We are having drink, nibblies and games at her house from 5pm so I'm going along to that. Then they are off to dinner and out for the night, so I'm going to ditch that as I'll have bubby with me, and we are very low on the funds till mid-month!

Then Saturday I have the Brissie Crop Day! Yay! Been waiting so long for this and finally its come! Guess I better organise some things to do hey - need to get me some photos printed this week. Can't wait to see Rozzy again, and lots of other girls, and even meet a few too. Should be a great day!

* Sal is coming over for a coffee this afternoon, yay!

* Mum and Dad are coming for dinner tonight, as its my sister's b'day tomorrow (22). So that means today is a FULL CLEAN-UP of the house as Mum hasn't been here since her operation over 3 months ago - and I don't want it to look like I haven't cleaned in that time, lol. So I've got a little bit of spring-cleaning to do - tackling our 'junk-pile' and then the regular stuff like bathrooms, bedrooms, washing, kitchen, floors and tidying away my scrapping stuff.. oh and the groceries! I'm in for a BIG DAY, so I'm doing the pc this morning, then won't get on again today (help me with that please God!)

My 5 things:
* Life - how quickly it can be taken.
* That I'm going to Heaven to be with My Father when I die.
* My new webcam - so I can show my sis o/s my little man.
* God's strength and guidance in my life.
* Coffee

Bugger - I've forgotten how to link again!! Ggrrr....

5 comments:

Roz said...

oh Natti, I love you sweet girl, so looking forward to a 'Natti squeeze' on Sat!

Enjoy the time with your family tonight :)

Lisa Pate said...

Yep - life is so short and fragile.

How I pray that I will never feel the pain of a loved one leaving this earth to soon (in my opinion anyway!).

Cheryl Wray said...

Yes, life is so short--and can end so unexpectedly! So good to know where you're going!
We also were sad to hear about Steve I. We in America have always loved his show!
I love your Australian words--learned some new ones today in your post! I'm gonna have to use the word "wagged"--kinda like "skipped" here. (As in, "We skipped church this morning because we were just too tired." Is that right?)
LOL!!

Francine Burgess said...

you are such a busy woman, when i read your blog i was like "wow"...good for you..yes sad news about Rani and Steve,,they will be sadly missed ..

Katie Toland said...

Nat your hair looks great! Must be the time of year for big haircuts. Love your self portaits :)

Great to hear you've found a new friend/walking buddy too.

Good luck with the cleaning (and staying off the computer)and hope you have a great time with your mum. So wonderful she's getting better and better.

I'm thinking of moving to Brissy so I can come to your crop day LOL - well I wish!

So sad little Rani lost her battle. We know she is OK, it's the loved ones she leaves behind.

Steve too! Such a sad week :(

Wagger! LOL (Me too!) ;)