Thursday, November 17, 2005

Update and crazy quiz...

Well, have had a very busy few days, and it won't stop there. Sometimes its good being busy, sometimes its bad... do you know I have not had time for my 'nana-nap' for the last 2 days! lol I hear you say... I'm 23 and I have an afternoon sleep.... yeah pathetic I know, but I'm pregnant, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, and I get up too early.....

Tuesday I went shopping. Spent a while in the Maternity shop again, just trying on different things. Bought a top too coz it was on special, and my current clothes are starting to get uncomfortable. I don't want to have to suck my tummy in constantly. I also have a cocktail party to go to Saturday night, so I might just have to go back and get a teal wrap-top I've been eyeing off for a couple weeks now... and I'm meant to go and put the black pants I like on layby too so they don't get sold! Must-haves. Also did the groceries and a few odds and ends. Forgot to pick up Jaidyn's presents from layby after all that, so am sending Greg to do it this afternoon.

Yesterday I did a pocket album with mum's craft group. I do like getting together with these ladies, many of them are family friends we've grown up with, so its always good to catch up. Good solid Christian women too. After picking up Jaidyn from school I did about 2 hours housework - the dishes alone took about an hour (yes, there were that many in the sink...). I feel good to have a clean house for Greg to come home to at night. He still seemed to point out what I hadn't done, by pulling out all the folding and leaving it all over the floor this morning... gggrrrr.......

Oh yeah!! Almost forgot to mention WE GOT THE HOUSE!! yeehaa! Really excited about it! And we don't have to move in till the same weekend our lease is up here - how's that for timing and blessings!! Awesome God! A house in the same street as other from church too - and so close! Will be so great!!

Am getting really scared/nervous about my Ed Qld interview tomorrow morning. I still haven't started on preparing my presentation, and really, I don't know what to do. I think I have a stigma too coz my friend only got an S2 rating (need an S1 - highest), so I'm all worried I won't either now.... have to rustle together something to present for 10 mins.... might do a small portfolio and see what resources I can get together to pop on a table to look like I know what I'm doing... yikes, scary stuff...

Oh, and still got to do all the shopping for Jaidyn's b'day party! I need more time!!! Ggrrr...... this is really the first 'proper' kids b'day party I've put on so I want it to be impressive enough too... its at a park, so have to be thoughtful of what food to make (no oven to cook hot food, and no fridge to keep stuff cool and prevent melting!) What foods can you suggest girls? I need some help!

Well, I guess I better get organised for today - lots to do - and throw in child at home too that I will have to entertain while I do everything else! Ggrrrr.... I hate being busy sometimes....

Will end on this: a quiz I nabbed from Tam and Roz...

2 names you go by: Nat, Natti
2 parts of your heritage: English and German I think...
2 things that scare you: spiders, drivng really fast (me too Tam!)
2 of your everyday essentials: nana-nap (most days! lol) and affection from family
2 things you are wearing right now: nightie and new knickers
2 of your favourite bands or musical artists (at the moment): NewsBoys, Anthony Callea (just looove listening to his gorgeous voice)
2 favourite songs (at the moment): can't think right now
2 things you want in a relationship (other then real love): conversation & honesty
2 truths: I've never yet been out of Australia, I have my nose pierced.
2 physical things that appeal to you (in the opposite sex): arms and eyes
2 of your favourite hobbies (other than scrapbooking!): surfing net, being with friends
2 things you want really badly: a Canon 350D & someone to pack the house for me!!
2 places you want to go on vacation: New Zealand & UK
2 things you want to do before you die: travel, see my children grow up.
2 ways that you are stereotypically a chick: I love jewellery and girly clothes
2 things that you are thinking about now: what on earth am I going to present for my interview tomorrow, and that I should do some housework...
2 stores you shop at: Target & Room 42 (maternity wear!)

Ciao!
Nat xx

3 comments:

Tam said...

Hey Natti - YAY for getting the house! What a huge blessing!

I'm sure you will make a great impression at your interview - how could they not love you.

I am going to have a think about the food thing for you and get back to you ;o) I've got SO many recipes at home, I'm sure I can dig something up.

Have a great day, lovely girl :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats for getting the house. God does answer prayers, so hip hip horray! :)

As for party food I suggest cup cakes, chips, fairy bread, fruit salad and jelly moulds, dips and crackers for the adults and some other adult savouries. Good luck and try not to stress.

Deb said...

Ohhh the party sounds like a bnlast!! And nana naps_ i love em! but i dont have the excuse im pregnant! I need those mini sleeps!

hope you have a great weekend!!!