Friday, November 04, 2005

Maternity clothes, craft and BBQs...

I just can't wait to wear them. I can't wait till my belly grows and I can really see there's a little life growing in there, a little life that is so wanted in our new little family. Lol, I even want to feel fat and have an excuse! I did a spot of shopping yesterday - to pick up some craft supplies, a present for Dad, all those little odds and ends that you need to do. I also happened to walk past a Maternity shop that even when I wasn't pregnant I wanted to look in. So of course I went in. It was soooo nice! And I was even pleasantly surprised at the prices. Thinking they would all cost an arm and leg I was happy to see prices you might find in many clothes stores such as Portmans or Sussan. A little more than I usually pay (Target, Kmart) but still definitely within reach, and a lot nicer and better made than the maternity wear in Kmart and Target I think. Room 42 it's called. Erica, if you have one nearby, you'll have to go and have a look. I know what I'm going to ask for for Christmas - Room 42 vouchers!

Ok, so my belly is still my own (even though it could be mistaken for a pregnant one, lol), but I have been feeling really yucky in my normal clothes, a bit bloated and definitely not wanting to wear tight clothes. The clothes in here were so nice! I was eyeing off some party dresses that were on sale, but unfortunately looked hideous on me! I also tried on some nice wrap tops (mainly to cover my fadoobadas - tuckshop arms) and she gave me a pair of black pants to try on with them as I was wearing a dress. I put these on and had to check I had put them on right because the hems actually reached the ground! Now, if you know how tall I am, you'll understand why I was surprised. I NEVER find pants that are long on me - and if I do, they are a specified 'long' length... so of course now I'm totally sold on the black pants - and they happened to look really flattering, and the black top with turquoise wrap looked so good too... I want some money or vouchers NOW! LOL.... well anyway, that's enough blabbing about that.. I did buy a little maternity top from Kmart though. I first tried on the baby-doll tops from the regular section but they were totally just wrong - the boob bit was not wide enough to go over your whole boobs and it was just yuck. So I found one similar in the maternity section (black, my favourite colour) and it looked so much better. More flattering, even though its a maternity top - strange. But I bought it and its so comfy coz I don't have to worry about wobbly belly bits hanging out, having to pull my top up or just feeling trapped in a tight top. It's nice and long too.

Gosh, I just realised how much I wrote about a few items of clothing. Oops, sorry to bore you there.

What else? Oh, last night I did a class with some ladies from my old church. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere... and there were Mint Slice so of course I was happy! lol... 2 of the ladies made accordion albums and one wanted to do something different so I helped her get started on 6 frames that she's making for nieces and nephews for christmas - thanks to Erica for helping me with the idea - I think they worked out pretty well and she was very happy with it. So yeah, it was nice to get a bit of money in the hand for that. And for once, we didn't go and blow it on take-away today (although I really wanted KFC chips!).

Greg has 3 days off work, so we are having friends over for a BBQ tomorrow night - thanks for the idea Tam! I'm so looking forward to it. All great friends from our church and I just love having BBQs.... now just to do a spot of cleaning tomorrow to make sure the house is clean.

I've still been really slack in the craft department. I really should be making christmas samples for my CK demo thats in a week and a bit, but I just can't seem to get into anything. Guess it doesn't help when I don't have much christmassy stuff to work with. Hopefully I'll get a bit done on Tuesday when I'm crafting with my CK team leader.

Anyway, that's enough from me. That's if you're still with me, lol.
Have a great weekend all,
Nat xx

4 comments:

Tam said...

Oh Nat, I really hope you manage to get those pants - I know how hard it is to find good pants that fit! Have a great bbq tomorrow. I'll be joining you with the cleaning :)

xxx tam

Natasha said...

oh my, your lucky to find some decent maternity clothing that doesn't cost a fortune, I never had anything decent when I was pregnant, hopefully you will be able to get some soon...

Anonymous said...

Nat it certainly sounds like you are already beaming with your pregnancy!!! hope you are having a fun BBQ
JULIE x

Roz said...

yay Nat!! How cool that you've found an affordable clothing shop!! They really seem to hike the prices up for maternity wear hey!!

Hope your weekend was lovely!!

R xo