Stole this from Tam's blog (darn, I've forgotten how to link again). Was meaning to do this when I read it on hers, but then I forgot and just found it again. Even though its now the middle of January - gee, time flies doesn't it!! Anyways...
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Saw my Mum in ICU (scary!), gave birth without drugs!, lead a ministry at church
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Most probably not. From what I remember there was (always is) losing weight. Well I was on the way with that after Eli was born, then I got pregnant again, so that one has to move a year - or just whenever I get there... there was being a better housewife - I think I'm 'improving', lately anyway, but I have highs and lows, so this one will be there again too... can't remember what else there was...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of people! ME for one; Karen, Tam, Erica
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but we came close to losing my Mum.
5.What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Organisation skills; a clean, decluttered house; a thinner waistline.
7. What dates from 2006 remain etched in your memory and why?
May 14 - Mothers Day, my b'day and the last day I spent with Mum before her op; May 21/22 - my labour and birth of my beautiful baby; May-July - my Mum in hospital.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Labouring and birthing with no drugs (unheard of for me, was never in my birth plan!); leading the kids ministry at church.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Would say my camera, but that was JUST before 2006; ahhh... baby stuff probably - had fun getting bargains on ebay.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Dad (oh, I'm gonna cry thinking about it!) - he just made me so proud of him and to be his daughter - the way he held himself through 3 months of hell while Mum was stuck in hospital, the way he stuck it out for friends and family, I won't forget it in a hurry... really need to scrap that actually...
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Oh, who knows!! Nowhere in particular, and definitely not to our savings account where more should have gone, so we can go on afamily holiday this year!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, but also more stressed, lol; fatter or about the same considering I was preg then too; probably poorer, although now we are saving some... lol.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with God, exercise.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Yep, same as Tam - time on the computer, eek... eating bad foods too...
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it with my family at my Mum and Dad's house - both sisters were home too, which wasn't meant to be so...
21. What was your favorite TV program?
22. What was the best book you read?
Ummm, not sure. Probably 'Black' by Ted Dekker, which I've just picked up again - good vs evil fiction - lovin it... but had forgotten it so reading it again...
23. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2006?
The christian band Third Day - going to see them in concert next week - yay!!
24. What did you want and get?
A new fridge, some awesome new friends
25. What did you want and not get?
A clean house (lol yep same here Tam), a scrapping style lol, a smaller waistline.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was Mothers Day also so spent the day at my Mum and Dad's. I turned 24. It was just before Mum went into hospital.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Maternity and plus size :( :( want that to change!!
28. What kept you sane?
The internet, Scrap of Faith, awesome friends like Lusi who just know what I'm talking about and let me vent (like yesterday, thanks a lot babe!), God!!
29. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don't really follow it. Blah.
30. Who was the best new person you met?
My baby Elijah, followed by great new friends, Sal and Lusi (but haven't really 'met' her)