Thursday, June 07, 2007

First night went well!

Well, we moved the boys in together yesterday. Still a bit of a strange notion to me as I never shared a room as a child! And it kinda serves as a reminder that my baby is so not that anymore :( :( But anyway, they had a great night! Not a peep out of them till they both woke up at about 6.30am this morning. I hope it all stays good like this!!

The nursery now looks bare again, without a cot in there. But it has me motivated at least. My project this week (and next too maybe) is making curtains for the nursery windows. I'm a curtain virgin (a sewing virgin even) so I'm getting a LOT of guidance from one of the fab girls from SOF, Ali - thanks hun!! She's guided me through how much fabric I'll need (after I went into Spotlight yesterday and realised I really had no idea what I want or need, and hence came back empty-handed), even down to calling her Spotlight and getting quotes for me - what an absolute champ huh!! So I'm really excited (read: nervous!) about making these myself and praying I don't stuff it up! I'm sure it will be a big enough step for me to cut them out! lol... but they are going to look fab if I get them done properly! So watch this space for some pics.

We are bidding on some cots in ebay - hopefully we'll get one for a good price in the next week or so. Would be handy while Greg is still home, but we'll work out a pick-up time if its later next week. Thanks to Sandy (MIL) for buying this so we can have it now (or rather when we win a bid!)

Just want to give a HUGE HUG to my Lusi. I'm so sorry to hear things have been a bit crappy this week hun. Just keep holding on to our Lord ok babe xxx Will try to call you tonight or tomorrow night OK! Hate to hear things are no good - esp when all I'm hung up on is curtains and cots!! Will be praying for you all, and especially little Liji. Love yas xxx

Taking my Eli to the docs again today. He's had a persistent staph infection for about a month now, and for the third round the blisters have started coming back! I just want him better :(. I'm hoping to get some anti-biotics this time. He also has a nasty sore on his nose, which I think may be a staph too, so I just WANT IT GONE!!
Spirit of infection - GO - in the name of Jesus Christ! If you could all pray and rebuke this spirit with me, I would be grateful, thanks xxx

Well, better do the housework and stuff. Another cold (maybe rainy) day around here today - perfect for sewing curtains huh, if I get time. Am off to a friends Hens Party tonight, but can only stay for the pre-drinks due to our finance situation. So might be home to sew (or call my Lus) tonight too.

5 things I'm thankful for today:
* That my boys both slept soundly through the night for their first night together last night
* For glorious rain that we sooo need - thanks Lord! (our grass is actually turning back to green now!)
* For wonderful helpful friends like Ali
* For not working - yay!
* For the Holy Spirit that can heal beyond all measures through the power of Christ Jesus! Amen!

** Edited to add: my little man has SCHOOL SORES!! Geez Louise!! So we're onto a cream for 10 days, and anti-bacterial wash each day too. I feel terrible, but I don't think there was really any way I could have prevented them anyway. Please pray for a quick and full recovery from them... and that Jaidyn doesn't get them too, as they are contagious!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Wow Nat you are so brave sewing curtains. We need some for our nursey too but I literally have no clue how to even do a hem so we are buying ours from Spotlight.
Hope they turn out brilliantly for you (i'm sure they will)

And I really pray that little Eli will get rid of this infection really really soon. Especially before the little one comes along.

Anonymous said...

You are like a stream of bright sunshine in a dark and dull room. I love you! Thank you babe!
Hope Eli gets better soon too...prayers for him of course!
And yay to the boys in a room together. I'm sure it will continue to be great!
Love ya love ya
Lus x

Karen L said...

So glad to hear that the boys had a great night first night in together. Poor Eli - I'm praying for healing and a quick recovery for him. Poor little darling. You hate seeing your babies sick hey. I can so identify with you Nat. Good luck with all the curtain making. Can't wait to see a photo of them all hung up.

Anthea said...

it makes it so much easier when everything goes to plan, I worried when I put the boys together, as wesley was only 9 months at the time, BUT I wanted my scrap room, so I had to!! LOL

School sores, Joshie had them, and they look nasty, hope it clears for you soon.
good luck on the sewing, I cant sew to save my life, I have to get my Gma to do it for me! LOL

jacqui jones said...

if u want a hand wit hyour curtains yell out ive made a few sets over the years! including a set by hand back in those very poor uni days when i had no choice!
sorry to read your little man has school sores we had a bout of it eariler in the years its not fun is it...but i didnt get them so im sure j will be ok

Anonymous said...

Hi Nat

Susan (smiles1965) from Scrapboxx here. I too am a curtain and sewing virgin. I wish you lots of luck. It's great you have a friend helping, that can make so much difference.

Also good luck with the ebay cots. I love ebay for bargains. It's every parents dream I think.

Ouch, poor Eli with his infection and sores. I will keep him in my prayers for a full recovery.

I'm sitting here listening to the rain and have been all day. It's a sight for sore eyes and a blessing from above that's for sure.

I hope your coping ok these last few days of your pregnancy. I've had you on my mind and wanted to wish you all the best for the delivery.

Have a great week end and happy sewing. Love from Susan xxoo

Chrissy said...

Heya Natti! I'm finally emerging from the busy cloud that is my life LOL and thought I'd pop by sweetie and see how you're doing. So happy about the boys sharing and GO YOU with the curtains!! I loved making curtains for my kiddies rooms, especially when they were little. Emmy had the most divine pink ruffly curtains as a tot. :-)

Hugs and take good care lovey!
Chrissy x

Stitchingmum said...

Oh Nat, you are SUCH a sweetie!!! I haven't done much, just shared the gifts God has given me! Can't wait to see the finished product, will be gorgeous I'm sure.