Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Just stuff...

Well, I have the night to myself. Greg's gone for a quick beer at his mate's, and is then off to his sword-fighting class (yeah, cool huh!) so I thought I might update the blog. Just gonna do it in point form I thought tonight as I don't think I have anything over in-depth to say anyway.

* It's raining outside. Nice. I'm going to go sit out on the balcony with a cuppa tea and just enjoy it after this. Love the rain.

* Less than 4 weeks left of this pregnancy. And I'm definitely getting to that 'over it' bit - just bring on this labour I say! I'm ready!

* Baby's bag is packed, thanks for the inspiration Anth.

* Been having terribly restless nights the last two. Its not so much waking up - as I was doing that for loo trips anyway - but the last 2 nights, its taken me at up to an hour to frall back to sleep again. And by then, I'm thinking stuff and my brain wakes up and its a viscious cycle really. If it keeps up, might ask my midwife next week about getting sleeping tablets. Are they safe for pregnant women? I've never taken them before. Some prayer for no more sleeplessness would be appreciated please!

* Been looking into quilting. I'm going to try my hand at making a quilt/playmat for my friend's baby girl (due in August) and then one for my sister too who's due end of the year. I'm sure she'll find out the sex of her baby, so that will make it easier. Have been looking around the net for free patterns and fat 1/4s and quilting squares on eBay too... don't know if I can wait till we start getting paid though - I want to play now!!

* Only a couple of days until we're off to our friend's wedding up at Noosa. I'm looking forward to it as I've never been to one on the beach before - what pretty photos I'll hopefully be able to get! Still don't know what I'm going to wear. Will hopefully be borrowing a top from my friend Hayley (who I went to baby shower of on Sat), otherwise I think I'll just make do with what I have. With next to no money at the moment, and only 3 1/2 weeks left of this pregnancy, seems silly to go and buy something else. I'm sure I can throw something pretty together though!


* Am doing a class at Scrap of Faith this month. The topic is 'family'. Here are my sneak peeks. Check out the 'classes' link on the site if you're interested.



Well not overly interesting I'm sorry. I'm off to have a quick shower and go and sit and watch the rain. Have a great evening all.

2 comments:

kathie said...

Oooh, Nat, it does sound like bubs is really close! The irritability and lack of energy, the tummy bug, the insomnia. It all says l.a.b.o.u.r. to me :). How exciting!!! Sending you energy vibes ax cyberspace to get you through the next few weeks.

HD said...

only 3 weeks to go hey?? How is it all going???