Friday, January 20, 2006

Rain, glorious rain...

Isn't it just wonderful!! OK, not so great with a bored 5-year old, but I've off-loaded him to Grandma's for a sleepover so yay for me!! So tonight, we might get out a DVD (and snuggle), or watch TV, or maybe I'll do some scrapping...? I love the rain...

Actually Jaidyn and I had a great time yesterday when we went to the school to get his books. It was pissing down so we got drenched, even under a umbrella (it's not easy sharing with someone half your size!!). then good old Mum (me) decided when we went to the bank that we wouldn't get wet coz of the eaves over the edge of the building.. but lo-and-behold the water was streaming in there and we got good and soaked! Was fun though.. I really must get Jaidyn some rainboots and a raincoat so he can go out in the backyard in the puddles (and so I can take piccies of course!!) He's had fun walking around even with an umbrella :)

I got my boy's school uniform yesterday and OMG I wasn't really prepared for the emotions of seeing him in it for the first time. I thought I was all ready for him to go to school (mainly because we are so over eachother's constant company!) but oh, to see him in his uniform and it was a wake-up call that my baby is NOT my baby anymore.... oh he looked so cute, but so grown up... I shall take many many photos on Monday and pop some up here. How are all the other new-to-school mums going??

As I've posted about before, have been reading a book about getting over my 'Messie' tendancies... I was talking to my Dad and Gran about it today and Gran (who is the most stubborn woman I know - you DON'T argue with her, lol) was telling me I should keep things in case I need them one day... lol, this type of 'hoarding' has me where I am in my disorganised, cluttered house... and lol, it was a small realisation of another 'Glover trait' I might have... so I blame them... but I'm certainly not listening to her... I'm going to throw sooo much stuff out in the next few weeks... I'm so over hoarding... and if I need it in the future, stuff it, I'll buy a new one (which I probably would have done anyway, lol)...

Well, that's a catch-up of my last few days...

Nat xx

P.S. Oh! Went into the new local LSS today and asked about a job that I also asked about before Christmas when she'd just opened... she still seems to keen to put me on, and said she'll be organising it in February... so fingers crossed... the process for supply teaching will take a few more weeks yet as my rating still hasn't come (will in the next week) - why they hadn't already put them out so we could get jobs to start next week I don't know!! But anyway, hopefully I can pick up a bit of both for next term, and then maybe just the scrapping shop after next school holiday... we could do with some extra spending cash!!

P.P.S. I went in to see a little bead shop today too.. the lady seems really nice and does classes for $10 and $15 plus materials... now that's more my price (sorry B!)... so I'll book in for one in the next couple of weeks I think, just to get the hang of a few more techniques.....

3 comments:

Deb said...

ohh make sure you take lots of photos of your little man to show us in his new uniform!!

Roz said...

oh Natti, Jai is going to look so gorgeous in his uniform! Good luck for next week!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are not too sad on Monday morning. If you need a shoulder, I will be home till about 10.30 because Chris doesn't start till 11am. Also I think Leanne may need a shoulder too, because it is sinking in with her that Dylan will be gone.