Eli's early morning feed timed perfectly with watching Joyce Meyer's 'Enjoying Everyday Life' this morning. I always hope that if he wakes during the night, its at 4am so I can get some good spiritual input too!
Anyway, today Joyce spoke on ENJOYING LIFE and having the JOY of God in our hearts, minds and spirits ALWAYS! Now generally I do think think of myself as a 'joyful' person (just ignore the last two posts then, when I'm having a whinge!) so this really rung true with me, and even though I do try to be joyful in all circumstances, its till good to hear the confirmation of the goodness of it from the Bible. I just wanted to share some of the points she made. It may or may not speak to you.
* We need to get rid of thinking that says "I'll be glad when......" Because just when you are over one hurdle, life will shortly give you another - its what life is about. We need to have thinking that says "I'll be glad NOW, no matter what life throws at me!"
* The joy of the Lord should be our normal mood, not something that comes and goes depending on our circumstance at the time.
* Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
* The writer of Eclesiastes (sp?) tells us to be joyful about our work. And rightly so - be thankful you HAVE a job!
* Every day we have to 'put on christ' and choose to have a right mind.
* There is usually a reason for a 'bad mood'... what happened yesterday or this past week that is making us feel this way??
* John 10:10 - Jesus said 'the theif comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may HAVE LIFE, and have it TO THE FULL!'
*THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH!!
And in other news, Mum is coming home for a few hours today (they are letting her do this a couple of times a week now I think - yay!), so Jaidyn is taking the day of school and we're going for lunch ans some special family time :) Really looking forward to seeing her in her own environment again.
5 things to be JOYFUL about today:
1. Spending time with Mum at her house.
2. I got some scrapping done last night, yay!
3. An email from my gorgeous friend Lusi.
4. Milk and bread in the house again!
5. Time with both my boys today.
Have a JOYFUL day all,